WELCOME TO QUEENSLAND BLIND ASSOCIATION INC.
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. was established by a small group of Blind people in February 1939, just prior to World War 2.
It was known then as The Blind Person’s Building and Home Maintenance Society. Along the way we have had a couple of name changes to Welfare Association for the Blind and then to our current name of Queensland Blind Association Inc.
COVID-19 Pandemic November Update
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. has reopened to the public by appointment only.
In line with the current State and Federal Government guidelines, we have designed a comprehensive COVIDSafe plan to protect the health and safety of our staff and visitors.
Our Annerley office will open based upon the following conditions:
- Visitors may enter by appointment only.
- There is a maximum of 8 visitors allowed in the office at any one time.
- Visitors must pass the Screening Test conducted by an employee before they enter the office and abide by all physical distancing guidelines.
- Visitors uphold the recommended hygiene practices and register their details in the Reception Area for contact tracing purposes.
- Appointments will only be 30 minutes in duration.
We request that you please contact us by phone: 07 3848 8888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your inquiry and whether or not an appointment to visit our office is suitable for you at this time.
If you are a member of the association and wish to discuss your membership, we ask that you please phone or email the office instead of visiting so that your health and safety can be prioritised.
Although COVID-19 restrictions are beginning to ease in Queensland, we are keenly aware of the serious threat COVID-19 poses to the health and safety of our employees and the general public. Upon entering our office, you will be required to pass a Screening Test. You must inform the staff member greeting you if:
- You have received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, have been in close contact with someone who has received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, or are awaiting your COVID-19 diagnosis or have a probable case of COVID-19.
- You have experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- You have returned from overseas travel within the past 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has returned from overseas travel within the past 14 days.
- You have returned from interstate travel from Adelaide within the past 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has returned from Adelaide within the past 14 days.
You must not visit our office if you can answer yes to any of the above questions.
If you would like to purchase low vision and talking products, our online shop is fully operational and there have been no changes made to our handling timeframes. You may also call us to purchase over the phone. Our shipping times may be impacted by the increased demand and restrictions placed on Australia Post, however we will endeavour to contact any customers this may impact.
We offer free shipping on all orders over $150* and we are a registered provider for the NDIS. Our Provider Number is: 40500 13132.
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. As we navigate the easing of state-wide restrictions, we thank you for your patience and hope that we can continue to offer you the highest standards of support and assistance.