WELCOME TO QUEENSLAND BLIND ASSOCIATION INC.
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. was established by a small group of Blind people in Brisbane in February 1939, just prior to the outbreak of the second World War. Over 80 years since our inception, the focus of our Association remains the same: to provide real assistance to our legally blind members so they can live in a safe social environment and in comfort within the community.
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. is open to the public in accordance with the Greater Brisbane Easing of Restrictions guidelines.
Our Association has been operating under a comprehensive COVIDSafe plan for much of 2020 and have been closely monitoring the Queensland Government’s advice for ensuring the safety of our membership, customers, clients, volunteers, and our staff.
As per the latest guidelines provided by Queensland Health, our Association will reopen to the public on Tuesday the 12th of January 2021 by appointment only. Please contact our office by phone: 07 3848 8888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your inquiry.
Visitors may be permitted entrance into our office if they meet the following requirements:
- Visitors must wear a protective face mask as per the Queensland Health’s “Easing of Restrictions for Greater Brisbane until Friday 22nd January” guidelines,
- Visitors must register their details via QR code or by providing them to Reception for contact tracing purposes,
- Visitors must follow all physical distancing guidelines and remain 1.5 metres from staff members and other visitors at all times,
- Visitors must follow the recommended personal hygiene advice and sanitise their hands upon entering the office,
- Visitors must answer all of the questions in our COVID-19 Screening Test,
- A maximum of eight visitors are permitted at any one time.
Please do not visit our office if you have been experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, are awaiting results for a COVID-19 test, live in a household with COVID-19 or anyone who is awaiting results for a COVID-19 test, have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19, returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days, or have been notified by contact tracers to isolate or test for COVID-19.
If you would like to purchase low vision and talking products, our online shop is still operational with no changes made to our handling timeframes. Our shipping times may be impacted by the increased demand and restrictions placed on Australia Post, however we will endeavour to contact any customers this may impact. We offer free shipping on all orders over $150* and we are a registered provider for the NDIS.
Our Provider Number is: 40500 13132.
We sincerely thank you for your patience amidst these challenging times and we will continue to offer you the highest quality service we possibly can.
We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.