WELCOME TO QUEENSLAND BLIND ASSOCIATION INC.
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. was established by a small group of Blind people in Brisbane in February 1939, just prior to the outbreak of the second World War. Over 80 years since our inception, the focus of our Association remains the same: to provide real assistance to our legally blind members so they can live in a safe social environment and in comfort within the community.
Our COVID-19 Update for March 2021
The Queensland Blind Association Inc. is open to the public in accordance with the current recommendations from Queensland Health.
Our Association has been operating under a comprehensive COVIDSafe plan for much of 2020 and 2021 and have been closely monitoring the Queensland Government’s advice for ensuring the safety of our membership, customers, clients, volunteers, and staff.
Our office is open to the public, however, we request that you contact us to discuss your inquiry and book in a suitable timeslot. You can phone us at 07 3848 8888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors may be permitted entrance into our office if they meet the following requirements:
- Have contacted us to book an appointment,
- Must register their details via QR code or by providing them to Reception for contact tracing purposes,
- Must follow all physical distancing guidelines and remain 1.5 metres from staff members and other visitors at all times, and
- Must sanitise their hands upon entering the office.
Please do not visit our office if:
- you have been experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms,
- you are awaiting results for a COVID-19 test, live in a household with COVID-19 or anyone who is awaiting results for a COVID-19 test,
- you have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19,
- you have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days, or
- you have been notified by contact tracers to isolate or test for COVID-19.
If you would like to purchase low vision and talking products, our online shop is still operational with no changes made to our handling timeframes. Our shipping times may be impacted by the increased demand and restrictions placed on Australia Post. We offer free shipping on all orders over $150* and we are a registered provider for the NDIS.
Our Provider Number is: 40500 13132.
We sincerely thank you for your patience amidst these challenging times and we will continue to offer you the highest quality service we possibly can.
We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.